April 2, 2012

Getting to Friday

Spring has sprung just in time for Easter break. Starting Friday, I will have 10 whole days off in a row. Wait, let me write that one more time. 10 days off in a row and I'm not even planning on thinking about work once.

I'm so, so excited. It's the first year in many that we aren't planning on going away somewhere really good, which is sort of disappointing. Well, to be fair, we have 3 days planned within driving distance, but beyond that, it'll be C-man and me hanging together at home. (There's a new car to buy and windows to get, after all. Ugh.) I'm predicting we'll see everything Milwaukee has to offer at least once, since he's one of the few of his friends not doing some great, wonderful, getaway. (He's deprived, for sure.) The bonus (that's sarcasm) of being home is that we get to put our name in the hat to get the stinky hermit crabs for the week. (Please, please, God, let some other kid get the hermit crabs!)

But I do love the whole Easter week thing. And next year, I'm hoping to do it somewhere really good again. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the sounds of the spring birds and smile - because vacation is coming!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I guess you didn't pray hard enough ;)