April 22, 2012

Making memories

C-man discovered a friend of his had never been to a sleepover, so he worked his magic and made sure to rectify that. (Once upon a time I was the kid who hadn't had a sleepover, and Traci Urban had me over. We went to see the Sword and the Stone in a theater in Stevens Point and giggled all the way home. Good memories I could never deny another kid.) They played Legos and Bionicles and ran around and raced bikes and made everything into a sword to fight with.

At one point, I overheard this friend say, "Wow, you can do ANYTHING in this house! I love it here!" I had to giggle. A) Because we are indeed total suckers and not strict like his parents and B) He is the oldest of 3 kids coming into a house of an only child. Life is VERY different here. Anyhow, it was good to make a kid's weekend.

And now, it's time to make my weekend. My family is meeting me to all head to the Brewers game today to celebrate my early birthday. I haven't seen my family in AGES, so I can't wait. Well, that, and my name's going to be on the board. (Seriously, that's kind of awesome.)

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

Happy Early Birthday! I hope your Brewers win (unless they're playing the Cardinals, of course).