April 5, 2012

Tridium

Easter starts today. I love Easter a lot. Thanksgiving has never held much of a spot in my heart. Turkey isn't tasty, and I've never done a family sit around the table kind of Thanksgiving, but a stand and eat wherever you can. Ick. Christmas is nice, of course, but it often involves a lot of travel. And there's the commercial aspect to it I don't really enjoy.

But Easter, to me, is just nice.

It's always a quiet holiday I spend with my husband and son. While the past few years we've been out of state on vacation, we still don't travel to hell and beyond to see people to eat ham on Easter. And, of course, we don't have to buy and wrap presents. We hunt for a basket (which will be hanging on a new bike so C-man doesn't look like a giant on a tiny bike this year), we eat breakfast, and then we go to church. The fact that it happens in spring, my favorite month, doesn't hurt either. It all feels hopeful and fresh to me. And I like that.

So have a joyous Tridium. And if you're heading into Passover, happy cleaning to you. And if you celebrate neither, then just have a great one.

No comments: