April 7, 2012

Quality time

I haven't been feeling the best the past few days - all achy and listless and sleepless and hivey. Despite that, C and I have still managed to play a bit. After heading out for breakfast at our favorite place and finally picking up the saltwater fish tank to go on the base we picked up ages ago (the Albanian tile guy is FINALLY coming Monday to lay the tile so we can set up the tank), we left Beerman at home and went to Raptor Saturday at the local nature preserve.

It happens every Saturday. But even though I've lived here going on 11 years, I've never been to see it. And since the Easter Bunny had to assemble a brand new bike, C-man and I went. We got to see and learn about some owls and falcons and hawks, and then walked around the preserve and climbed the tower to look at Lake Michigan from 60'.
Once we got cold, we went to the local frozen yogurt shop to celebrate. (Which was a good thing, because apparently the Easter Bunny needed every last minute of that for assembly time.) I do love me some vacation. I just wish it weren't so itchy and hivey!

No comments: