April 17, 2012

Randomly

Today is career day at school. With all the options of all the careers in the world, C-man, of course, went as the president. A shaggy-haired president who can't take a normal photo to save himself, but one who has decided that nobody should be homeless, everyone should get the medicine they need, and candy is free. I'd ignore the hair for that. Oh, and Beerman insisted he wear a blue tie, "Because this family doesn't wear red ties."

My rheumatologist upped my meds to weekly. It is good that I get more juice, but bad because the shot hurts (yes, I'm a weenie) and makes me feel crappy for 2 days. Today is the 2nd day of not sleeping and feeling crummy. I'm hoping tomorrow will pick up again. I may have to do this every 10 days.

I got on the 50 Shades of Grey bandwagon. I understand why people are reading it, but honestly, it's so poorly written, I almost can't bear to keep going. They are supposedly in Seattle, but regularly use phrases like, "above the pale," "besieged," and "looking smart." Also, in the first chapter, she says she's at school in Vancouver, Washington, but by chapter two, she's at school in Portland. Huh? Maybe I'm just not far enough into the trashy part of it to be willing to ignore how poorly written and edited it is.

Beerman has always joked that the UPS man and I are best friends. Which is why I'd like to point out that Beerman's latest package deliveries puts me to shame. Every day I arrive home to at least 5 enormous boxes at the door that I'm not strong enough to lift. Apparently the fish tank is in full build mode now.

I have been getting a lot of dress deliveries, though. I really hate shopping for clothes, but need a dress for this upcoming school fundraiser/dinner. So I've been ordering all kinds of dresses online and sending back the bad ones. But I think I finally found the right one. I sure hope it fits, because it looks super fun.

The sweet coffeemaker Beerman got me for Christmas has never worked quite right - the pump isn't right on it. So I finally sent it back to the company. They said I'd have a new one in 14 days. This is going to be a long 14 days.

I sure hope I get some sleep tonight. The exhaustion is almost overwhelming.

1 comment:

Bev Sykes said...

I am one of those embarrassed to have read 50 Shades of Grey. I wanted to find out what the fuss was about and I did finish it, though I found her the most annoying character since Bella Swan. I read the synopsis of the next two books and it sounds like must more of the same annoying whining...I quit! (though the titillating parts WERE titillating, I admit!)