April 20, 2012

A dime for your thoughts?

I don't have a lot of amazing thoughts to share today. It's day 3 of being rainy and cold, which means it's day 3 of being mostly worthless to the community at-large.

I finished 50 Shades of Grey and (spoiler alert) cheered that she left him. But since there are 2 more books, I'm guessing she goes back.

C-man was supposed to have a friend over tonight, but apparently we also have Cub Scouts. So now I'm waiting to hear if the kid is coming to Cub Scouts with him or sleeping over next weekend. I hate when I create unnecessary drama.

I just got notification that my chicken dress is in Milwaukee, which means it'll probably be delivered today. I'm so excited. It's a very funny dress. And being cherry red, I'll stick out like a sore thumb at this fundraiser. Go big or go home.

We got tile installed under the new fish tank 2 weeks ago. I've been chasing down the
carpet store since to get the carpet around it tacked back down. I finally got quite "firm" with the carpet store saleswoman yesterday, and lo and behold, someone is coming today to fix it. Hallelujah! It's so irritating that you have to pitch a fit before someone can do her job right. Needless to say, I will NOT be going back to them to do our whole house later on this year.

I planned on getting a new Gallardo jersey over lunch yesterday. (He's pitching Sunday and I desperately need a new shirt for the game.) But I realized that there was a day game going on, so called Beerman and went out to lunch with him instead. It was definitely the better option in the scheme of things. We just don't do that enough.

I am so thankful it's the weekend. And a good weekend it'll be!

No comments: