June 26, 2012

Here we go again

I think I am going to be doing my best whirling dervish impression this week. It seems like we're whipping from one thing to another, in true summer week fashion. It's tournament time in the baseball world, which is hectic and stressful. (Darn these kids for being so good this year! It was so much more laid back when we expected them to lose 15-1 and were ecstatically happy with that one run.) It's all extra practices and figuring out which day we play based on which win or loss.

Beerman and I are going to Summerfest separately for our own respective work functions on Wednesday. While his work allows and encourages him to drink beer, he is being required to stay through the 10 pm fireworks. I, on the other hand, am out of there by 3 pm. I'll take my beer at home, thankyouverymuch!

Then together, Beerman and I are going to Fight the Foo at Summerfest on Thursday. I'm not a big lover of concerts as a whole, but the Foo Fighters are one of his favoritist bands. So I will go, prepared with my Japanese body sponge to wipe up the remnants of the 95 degree heat wave that's supposed to smack us upside the head, and have fun, darnit!

In the child's hair news, he's decided this is his length of choice, as it's Aoki's hair length of choice. Which means I've got a hair cut to schedule. Whoot! It's not short like I'd prefer, but at least we're done with this growing it out nonsense.

No comments: