September 22, 2014

And here we go again


  • I didn't go see my bees this weekend. I probably should have, but am really hoping there's enough goldenrold and field radishes  to get them through another week of honey making.
  • I have to travel for work next Monday morning, but hopefully I can get up there on Sunday and harvest a little of the sweet sticky stuff. Not too much, because I don't think there is a lot to take. But just a little to make it all worthwhile.
  • For those asking for a taste or a bottle, I really, really want to tell them to go spend thousands of dollars and tend their own darned bees. (That may be a beekeeper's version of, "Get off my lawn!")
  • Maybe next year I'll have a surplus, but this year I'm going to be Stingy McStingy.
  • C-man has started playing his trumpet. I can still play a scale. I was pretty impressed with myself, since I hadn't touched the thing in 20 years. I hope he enjoys it.
  • In kitchen news, I think I picked out the backsplash and paint. This is good, because I'm terrible at this. Plus, what I really wanted (cute, tiny tiles) Beerman said "Absolutely not" to. (He doesn't want all the grout). So it's a compromise of subway sized tile and a strip of the tiny tiles.
  • In other kitchen news, Beerman spent the weekend insulating the ceiling. I may have been freezing in the cold rain watching baseball on Sunday, but at least I wasn't doing that.
  • After last night's loss, I think it's time to switch Harry's collar over to the Packers. Then again, after yesterday's loss, maybe he should go naked.

No comments: