March 16, 2015

Another Monday

  • Beasley took off on us Saturday. As in, he was in the van to go to the park, jumped out the back, and took off toward the most dangerous road nearby.
  • We found him happily panting in someone's car on said dangerous road. She opened her door to get him off the road, and he joyously jumped right in. Dinkus.
  • I'm starting serious call-back recognition training tonight.
  • I went to see my bees on Sunday. They're dead.
  • I may have thrown my bee brush into a nearby field.
  • The spring hive buildup had already begun in both hives, and there was still food, which means they were alive until very recently with the cold snap a couple of weeks ago. Since they were in starvation position (heads in cells, butts out), and still had food, and some were dead right on the food, it means they couldn't get out of that position long enough to eat.
  • Damn.
  • I couldn't sleep last night, I was so worked up about both events.
  • 3, 3# packages of bees are ordered and ready to pick up 4/25.
  • And a third hive is on its way for me to paint and get ready. After all, I screwed up 2 hives this year, so I'd might as well try for 3 next year.
  • C-man has his orthopedic appointment on Wednesday. We'll find out then if he's wrestling on Saturday. I'm not thinking the chances are very good.
  • It's Monday and I'm exhausted and ornery. This isn't good.

No comments: