January 2, 2007

Happy 2007!

Another year is here for me to make the best out of it. Huzzah! My personal enrichment initiative this year is to learn 12 new hobbies in 12 months. Studies show that retirees do not do new activities, despite their always purporting to do so. Instead, they do things that htey learned and enjoyed in their younger years. So I'm looking to be a busy old girl. Knitting and geocaching are my first 2 hobbies. Technically, they started in 2006, but so far at the end of 2006, that they fall into 2007. (Hey, if you've got a problem with it, create your own list.) I'd like to finally learn to play guitar, and of course, learn another language. As for the other 8 hobbies... that's why there are 12 months. As for resolutions - laugh more, pray more, and floss daily. Okay, that last one isn't very inspirational, but it's a necessary one. In finishing my 52 books in 52 weeks, I just finished Emily Giffin's Baby Proof. I guess it'd be a good book if you never wanted kids and needed to justify it to everyone. It was well-written, but the topic sucked. It shouldn't have received the rave reviews it got.

No comments: