January 14, 2007

Sunday or Bust

Well, it was a total bust today. I was up half the night with C-man because he was sick. So I wasn't in my bed when the alarm went off to make it to my appointment at 8. Beerman just kept hitting snooze, failing to tell me it was going off. I realized this was happening at 7:30... After I got home from breakfast, Rileydog bit Harrybones and split the last inch of his ear in half. There was more blood than a horror movie. We tried to geocache and C-man wasn't having it, so we came home with nothing. At that point, we realized Harrybones' ear wasn't clotting (we took him caching with us to make sure he was okay) and one of us needed to take him in. A 2 hour wait later, I'm told it's $300 - $500, and we can pick him up with his stitches after 9 p.m. tonight. I got home and Beerman immediately had to go into work. (He'd already received a phone call asking where he was at this point). The laundry wasn't even folded (the only thing I'd asked for when I left on my pet emergency quest), the house a complete stinky disaster (I'm still trying to completely clean up after Rileydog's explosion earlier in the week), 5 loads of laundry left to be washed, clothes are not put away all over the bedroom, and I'd eaten a McChicken sandwich to fill the hole because it was 2:30 p.m. and I was starving. Ugh... So I took C-man shopping for new shoes and got a pair for myself. If that doesn't cheer a girl up, nothing will! Here's hoping Monday will be better than Sunday.

No comments: