January 7, 2007

Sunday Already

I can't believe it's Sunday already. After spending a good portion of the day in the car, my body sure feels it. The good part about being in a car that long is that I knitted a scarf for Beerman, and have one for me almost finished. Despite saying things to the contrary, I'll have to post a picture or two of them. It's my first project, so I'm pretty pleased with myself and my crooked scarves. We were in Chippewa Falls for a wedding this weekend. I got some good pictures and will post them soon on the family website for those who care to see the good times. In other good times, we took the time to find a cache in Chippewa Falls. For those of you who still don't understand geocaching, here's the deal. You find coordinates at geocaching.com like this one. Then you drive yourself near the coordinates, get out of the car, and walk around until you locate the coordinates. (Which can be tricky if it's overcast or on a weird elevation, like today!)

Once you're at the coordinates, you need to locate the cache. Sometimes it's a film cannister, sometimes a Rubbermaid container, sometimes a coffee can, etc. This one happened to be a peanut butter jar, taped with black tape, hidden behind wood wtihin a hollow tree. (It has blue tape around the lid.) I had to move the bark to find it, which makes it trickier.

Then you've found your cache. You take it, open it, log your team's name (therysewyks), take a trinket (we took a plastic horse) and leave a trinket (pencil-topping frog). Then you log that you found it on geocaching.com.

No comments: