May 24, 2008

Ice Cream Madness

So I decided yesterday on my way home from work at noon (had a half-day) that it'd be great to make ice cream with C-man. So I went and got a machine before my massage (heaven), and then we started to make it. Except, I proved Beerman's point that despite writing technical manuals for 5 years, don't ever read them myself. Yes, I screwed it up and it took all night to finish. So we've decided to try again, this time C-man wants chocolate ice cream. We'll see if I can screw this up again.

This morning we read that smart people have gardens. So, off we went to an herb and heirloom fair. (Okay, it was already in the plans for the last 2 months, but it made me feel better to justify that I was improving my IQ while lightening my wallet). It opened at 9, and we got there at 9:30. Holy crap! People had brought their own wagons and carts and dollies! As we were checking out, at 10:30, about half of the 14,000 plants they had for sale were totally wiped out. Beerman said next year we're there waiting at the door at 8:30. And I had to agree with him. The plants were great, and pretty cheap.

Then, of course, we picked up a few geocaches. All of the travel bugs we got up north are now distributed. I have one to set out, but only picked it up last weekend. Hey Mom, we're at 69...Well, off to finish off the chocolate ice cream mixture before C-man gets up and wants to put it in the machine and ask, "Is it ready now? Can I eat it now? Mommy, I want ice cream!"

No comments: