February 11, 2009

Umbrellas and Sausages

So I'm in Chicago. The supposed "Windy City". Whatever. All it has done is rain since I've been here. Which makes my fingers look like they belong in buns after a brief boil in beer. Which makes getting out and about almost impossible. So I am stuck in the hotel. I do need to get over to Walgreens to get some more drugs tonight, though, because after last night's tin-man-without-oil feeling, I'm all out. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I quit my job that traveled all the time. Well that, and the auto industry was going down the shitter, but that's a different story for a different day. The really cool thing was walking in the downtown Chicago area this morning on my way to the training. Everyone had umbrellas out, and everyone had their heads down, so it was a sea of color against the gray. I cursed not having my camera with me, because it was a really fantastic contrast that actually made me pretty happy to watch in motion. PS - I just finished off my sweater (blocking, tweaking, etc). This is the best photo I can get, since the only mirror is in my hotel's bathroom. Just ignore the toilet and shower curtain, and try to picture it without my phone in the way and in reverse (the buttons are on the left). I really, really need a small camera.

No comments: