July 23, 2009

2 year window

Conversation at last night's dinner, which details fully why I'm a complete pain in the ass to live with... I just flat-out forget to share most of the day-to-day stuff. Me: "C-man got invited to ANOTHER birthday party. This one is a baseball themed one being held at the park down the street. C-man should love it." Beerman: "Cool. Now that they've added more accessible pathways, that park is looking nice." Me: "Those pathways are just to be pretty, so they can place the bricks with peoples names on them that they sold. They were going to put them on the corner, but with the ongoing road construction they can't, so they're putting them in the park instead." Me: "We have a family brick, by the way." Beerman: "Really? When did we get that? You had to have bought that at least a year ago!" Me: "Well, two, actually." Beerman: "Wow. It's good to know I have a two year window of opportunity to tell you things."

3 comments:

kathi said...

:: mingle, mingle ::

I totally get this. If something happens on a day that my husband is at the firehouse and gone for 24 hours, there is a good chance I may entirely forget to tell him about it, let alone wait 2 years.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the well wishes. I love stopping in to visit your blog. I can always count on a giggle.

Indigo said...

You know that you probably DID tell him two years ago, but like all men, he's FORGOTTEN!