July 31, 2009

Taste testing

I'm in work up to my eyeballs. We're heading out for the weekend straight from work (which I'm ditching early). Somehow I have to get my Blockbuster Star Wars marathon movies and the library books and movies returned to their respective locations while buying a couple of birthday gifts and finish packing before we are promptly ready to leave by 3:30. But in spite of it all, I still had time to conduct a very un-scientific taste-test.
McDonalds latte vs Starbucks latte
I've been exhausted. The allergy counts are high. So even though I've been taking medicine and getting sleep, I feel like I've been run over. So coffee in the morning is more heaven sent than usual. Yesterday I went through the Starbucks drive through for a grande non-fat latte. Heaven. Today, I went through the McDonalds drive through for a medium non-flavored latte. And I've got to say, despite my un-love for Starbucks, the Starbucks version comes out light years ahead of McDonalds. The McDonalds version just tasted burned. Bleh. I can't get the taste out of my mouth. Maybe I need to chase it with another cup of coffee. Except that would be work coffee, which is really bad. Sigh... maybe I should just get better allergy medicine.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I stopped drinking McD's coffee years ago. I think I'd rather go without. My allergies are acting up too, bring on Zyrtec D!

Have a great weekend!