July 6, 2009

Strength

C-man was crying in his sleep last night with bad dreams. Desperately needing to find sleep that for some reason wouldn't come to me, I picked him up to carry him into our bed. And as I grabbed his legs, I could hardly believe it. I see him every day, but somehow in the darkness, grabbing on to those enormously strong legs that I know weren't that big just a few months ago, I really realized how much he's grown lately. The doctor's office confirms at least 2 inches in the past 3 months! Maybe his middle name should have been zucchini. ********* I'm back to boot camp as of this morning. Day 1 is always the easiest. Which is good, because I was worried about my left-legged shin splint that, while getting better, is still naggingly annoying. The good news is it hardly hurt at all. Then again, we weren't running much, so I'll hold out final judgment on that until we do. But I might actually be on the mend. And the best news of all? After taking two weeks off, (And when I say "off", I'm not kidding. I didn't work out even once. I made cookies with C-man and even ate a few. Total mental and physical break.) I felt the strongest I've felt yet. Maybe C-man's strength is rubbing off on me. At least it's not his puffy red eye!

No comments: