July 13, 2009

Bikini-worthy

It was an absolutely gorgeous weekend. And we spent a few hours of each day lounging on the beach, playing "pirate" with C-man. And I wore a bikini. The reason this is a big deal is because while I'm not delusional enough to think I was the hottest babe out there, it'd been my goal with all this working out and eating right to get back into a two-piece this summer. And not one of those lame mommy tankini things either. A genuine bikini. So Saturday afternoon, I took a deep breath, and put it on. I didn't see anyone pointing any fingers or laughing, so I figured other than my pasty white skin, it wasn't entirely disturbing. And then I let out a big exhale. I did it. Goal #1 accomplished. Now it's time to firm up these arms that continue to wave even after I've stopped!

2 comments:

Rogers5 said...

Where are the pics?

Indigo said...

Congratulations!!! You've worked so hard for this!!! (I'm green with envy, I don't know how you manage to get up at 4:30 a.m. to do this boot camp)