July 28, 2009

Adjustment

I need an adjustment. Both an attitude adjustment and a physical adjustment. This weather is wreaking havoc on my body. So I know that the physical part will pass. To speed it along, I've got a chiropractic appointment over lunch. Not that it will help my hands that feel like they're sprained, but every bit helps. The attitude adjustment is another thing. I'm losing motivation. While the new job has helped me because things are different and new, I'm struggling with the same old stuff. You know, the working out, the trying to keep sugar out of my diet, the trying to be positive about things in my life that I don't see so positively, that I'm needing some serious help with. So I'm trying to make some conscious steps. I've started making the family go back to church regularly. We'd turned into one of those not-so-regular families lately. And while I have been reading loads of stuff about how innacurate the translations from Old Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English were, the sense of grounding and community I get out of going is helpful. Plus, C-man's going to go to school there in a month, so I figured it would be best if we we were actually a part of it. I'm also trying to do a lot of self-talk. You know, the "don't get mad about that, because it's so insignificant, you won't even remember it tomorrow" kind of talk. It's helped a bit. I'm still a work in progress. On the physical motivation, I've lost it. I'm dreading working out, even though I know how much better I feel when I do it. The candy bowls are tempting even though I know sugar does more than just make me jittery. So I continue to plod through, but when my body hurts to start with, the being godo to my body thing becomes that much harder. One thing at a time, I guess.

2 comments:

wineandroasts said...

Have you considered a new hobby? Say, like, beating the snot out of stupid people. It'll help your attitude, condition you physically and release endorphins to improve your mood!

Kimberly said...

Can I whine alittle? I hear you on the adjustments. I totally need a physical one too. And I'm supposed to be counting WW points, and after I paid penance and recorded what I ate yesterday in a moment of weakness, the WW computer screen turned red! I'm on salads for the rest of the week and I now have commute by running everywhere to work up my activity points. *sigh*

I know I shouldn't eat the bad things, but sometimes I just can't help myself! If only there was no such thing as candy dishes and birthday donuts. Right?