August 14, 2009

Friday by bullets

  • My child has learned how to cross the monkey bars by himself. Seemingly overnight. Amazing.
  • I haven't been to a Brewers game in a month. Now I'll be to 2 in 2 days. At least they won big. Unfortunately my co-workers had to leave early, so I didn't get to hear the bells with T.Hoff. At least tonight C-man gets to see Cecil Cooper. For some reason, that kid is in love with Cecil Cooper.
  • In-laws are coming into town tonight. It'll be nice to get together. I'm thankful we won't be home much, because my house is a disaster with Beerman having been gone all week and, well, me not liking to clean very much.
  • I got the dreaded koobvirus yesterday. Whoever the pimply-faced teenager is who created that nasty worm should be shot. And why would you name a worm "koob"? He was clearly trying to make it sound like boob, but too much of a tool to call it the boobvirus, probably. Anyhow, $50 in virus software upgrades, and supposedly I'm okay. Just don't open any links from my facebook account. Yeah, sorry about that.
  • My mother-in-law and I are running a 5K to Irish Fest tomorrow benefiting the Arthritis Foundation. You're welcome to come if you want. 1 in 5 Americans are affected, including me, so I'm a bit partial to the whole thing.
  • After the 5K, I'm heading to State Fair to consume about 4000 calories. Makes sense, right?
  • When you enter the women's bathroom at work, you are confronted by all the men leaving their own bathroom. So what is the appropriate response? Do you smile? Avoid eye contact? Ask if he washed his hands for the appropriate 30 seconds? I choose looking down at the ground. A bit antisocial, but the least awkward option.
  • Boot camp starts again on Monday. Dear God, am I dreading that. Which is why I have to do it, of course. But I'm still dreading it.
  • Today is C-man's last day at his school. The school he's been at since he was 5 months old. It's been a really, really, really great place for him. I'm so sad we're done with it. Maybe someday we'll be lucky enough to go back.
  • Beerman is home safely again. Yippee! I don't know which one of us was the happiest, but I think it might have been Harry.
  • I got our hotel booked while we're in Zurich. The place is decorated in all Swiss cows. Hilarious. Now I need to reserve somewhere in Florence. Any recommendations?

2 comments:

Anne said...

Are you going to Sunday's Brewer game??? The hubby and I will be there with the whole gang in tow!

Indigo said...

Ran the 5K did you? My daughter and I were late for Mixing With Master's which started promptly at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday at the Art Museum due to the road being closed for the run. Did you see me shaking my fist from my driver's seat?