August 20, 2009

Some days are just plain hard

C-man was up again last night. His throat is bright red. And did I mention he got stung by a bee for the very first time yesterday while at YMCA daycamp? Thankfully he's not allergic like Beerman, and was "very brave" according to the counselors. But I was required to sleep with him, because when he's sick, he only wants mommy. Which, of course, means I didn't sleep, because how do you sleep in a double bed with a 4 year old who sleeps horizontally with 10,000 stuffed animals and snores when he's sick. So my sleep deprived self got up at 4:30 to go work out. In the rain. And I can't tell if my body is heading into an arthritic flare-up, or it's just the weather, but I can't wear rings. My throat is starting to hurt. It could be psychosymptomatic, but I doubt it. The good news is it's Thursday. The bad news is that there's a lot of Thursday still left to go. Maybe I'll make some Florence hotel reservations to perk up my day.

No comments: