August 26, 2009

I guess I need to be hipper than I am

It’s the fastest growing communication medium out there. It’s hip with the kids. It’s a phenomenon. And after 4 whopping tweets, I am a little ashamed to admit that I just don’t get Twitter. At all. I blog. So I get the whole self-indulgent web-based medium. But Twitter feels a bit too self-indulgent to me. I’m not an actor or rock star or news channel. My life is pretty normal and boring. So I have to ask, seriously, do you want to know what I am going to eat for dinner at the precise moment I make that decision? Or that when I’m in the shower I like to splash water on the wall to watch the patterns it makes? Or how about that I’m going to pick my kid up from school? I’m hoping someday I’ll get it. But for now, I think 4 tweets has been my limit. Maybe I’ll try it again when we’re on vacation. Maybe then my life will be a little less mundane, and a bit more exciting. Then again, I run into the problem of needing to procure followers. Maybe I’ll just stick with the blog.

1 comment:

kathi said...

Your examples are actually much more interesting than what some rather prolific tweeters are saying, especially the water patterns on the shower wall!

Mingle on!