August 21, 2009

He's going to be okay

C-man has been in Y Daycamp this week because his former school is closed for cleaning, and his new school doesn't start until September 1st. I've been a bit worried about how he's going to take all these transition because, well, he's 4, and a bit shy around new situations. But I am now convinced he'll be just fine. Yesterday we got a call at 10 a.m.that he was complaining of a headache and didn't want to participate in things at Y camp. Knowing he's been fighting the crud, I called Beerman to go pick him up and arranged things at work to be home within the hour. When Beerman picked him up, his new little friends jumped up to hug him goodbye. Friends he's known for a total of 3.5 days. Friends we now hear about non-stop and you'd think he'd known since birth. Last night I got a phone call from our "host family". You know, the family that takes care of you and answers questions, etc. from the new school. The invited us to a BBQ on Sunday so he can meet their kids. Then today I heard from another family. The family whose kids get picked up immediately before C-man on the bus. They want to come over so they can meet him because their 8th grader is going to watch out for him and take him where he needs to go. I know I've been more worried about it than him, but I think I'm feeling better about things now. My baby's going to school...

No comments: