August 11, 2009

Giddily making more plans

I'm a planner. Air is bought. Rail is bought (I think, as long as they'll confirm my confirmations). Some museum tickets are bought. I need to book some hotels now. But as long as the weather cooperates, here's the Jennifer's European Vacation, proving to be better than National Lampoons.
  • Tuesday 15th: Bus to Chicago, fly overnight
  • Wednesday 16th: Arrive in Munich, find Beerman's hotel room, spend afternoon in search of sausage and beer, learn German (this should only take an afternoon, right?)
  • Thursday 17th: Take bus #726 to Dachau in the AM, Mike's Bike Tour in PM
  • Friday 18th: Neuschwanstein Castle and the 2 hour hike up the mountain
  • Saturday 19th: Ein Prosit! It's Oktoberfest time, baby
  • Sunday 20th: Train to Zurich; buy Swiss watch chocolates, eat Swiss fondue, deposit money take pictures in front of Swiss banks on the Bahnhofstrasse, do Rick Steve's walking tour of Zurich, swim in Lake Zurich
  • Monday 21st: Take 60 minute train to Lucerne. Walk around Lucerne. Take cog train up the Alps. I'll eat more chocolate and cheese. Beerman will probably eat the local (gak!) tripe and other disgusting local "delicacies".
  • Tuesday 22nd: ???
  • Wednesday 23rd: Train to Florence, tour the Accademia to see David, eat good food, drink good wine, revel in the fact that I just checked David off my list
  • Thursday 24th: Rick Steve's walking tour of Florence, tour the Uffizi, eat good food, drink good wine
  • Friday 25th: ???, night train to Munich
  • Saturday 26th: Fly to Chicago, taxi home

1 comment:

wineandroasts said...

The only exotic trips I've ever taken have been virtual, via Rick Steves...and Samantha Brown. I think they must have the best jobs in the whole damn world.

I'm impressed you left a free day open on the 22nd. I totally couldn't do that. :o)