August 10, 2009

I've lost my motivation. If you find it, could you send it back?

When I say I've lost my motivation, I mean I've totally lost all motivation. The hellacious effects of the past week's weather might be one part of it. The effects of spending more unholy hours in the car the past two weekends might be another part of it. But I think it goes beyond that. I've been off boot camp last week and this week. And quite frankly, I was feeling like the last week of boot camp couldn't finish fast enough. I've been eating like crap. And feeling like crap. So I eat like crap. Which makes me feel like crap. (Seeing a pattern here?) The good news is that I finally feel like I've caught up on a bit of sleep, thanks to Beerman not blinking an eye when at 8:30 I proclaim, "I'm heading to bed!" a couple of nights in the past week. So I need to break the evilness of this cycle. I will not let the fact that Eurotrashrail cannot create a website that gives accurate information regarding its availability from Florence to Munich on the night train on September 25th and won't return my emails or calls inquiring about a different option, get me down. I will not hold a grudge about the enormous egos that I encountered the past week while in my new role. I am going to stop being a hypochondriac about my ankles, when nothing has changed regarding their state except a doctor's confirmation that they're indeed in crap shape. And I will not erase 4 months of hard work by eating takeout and chocolate and fried foods. Because while I haven't found any motivation, I guess it's going to have to be one of those situations where I fake it 'til I make it. Because I cannot keep backsliding. Sigh... It's just so much damn work...

1 comment:

wineandroasts said...

go ahead and eat the chocolate, honey. fried food and takeout? no. chocolate? yes.

i hear it's good for bum ankles. :o)