August 31, 2009

Last day of preschool

Today is C-man's last day of being a preschool kid. I can hardly believe it. We're going to have a grade-schooler tomorrow. Well, for an hour tomorrow. I can also hardly believe they're only doing school for one bleeping hour for 4k. Seriously, people... I work! I guess the idea is to get the kids to the school with all their glue sticks and markers and watercolors and spare shoes and stuff. I also think it's because the majority of these private school kids have stay-at-home moms, so it's the first parting of the ways. Unlike my kid, who will be running out of my arms to go do his thing with a big 'smell ya later, mom' attitude. And then the bus riding starts on Wednesday... Now THAT makes me nervous.

1 comment:

Indigo said...

My daughter's first day of K4 was also only an hour, so annoying. And then she had a day off and got to come back the following day. Thank goodness they don't do that schedule for the 3rd grade. ;-) We didn't let her take the bus until she was in K5, and even then we were REALLY nervous.

I hope Cman enjoys he first day! I'm sure that hour went by superfast.