August 30, 2009

Is it baby dukey or an appropriate match?

While I was traveling last week, the roof got finished. So I forgot to appropriately celebrate it in blogland. But trust me, we are celebrating every single day around here. But now we have to repaint it. Because the colors just don't match anymore, and when we took off the downspouts, it left bare wood that needs to be painted. So we bought a couple of paint samples. And when Beerman put them on, it was hilarious - they're identical. Different stores, different brands... I picked out one at Lowes, I let the Home Depot paint crew pick out the other... and they're absolutely identical.

But we can't decide... Is it babyshit brown? Or does it look right because it matches the siding? My thought is to do dark brown on the shutters.

3 comments:

wineandroasts said...

Is the cedar new? b/c you know it'll mellow into that pretty, weathered silvery grey in a few years. Of course, by then it'll be time to repaint again! (groan!)

PS - LOVE THE NEW MOON COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

Jennifer said...

It is new, but it's fake cedar. I think of it as the Pergo of cedar. So this is the color it'll stay.

Indigo said...

there's a such thing as fake cedar? I never would have known. I think it looks fantastic!