July 29, 2010

Baggage

I'm always amazed by the amount of extra crap everyone ends up lugging along with them; literally and figuratively.  I once lived for a month out of a backpack.  Granted, string bikinis don't take up much room, but you get what I mean. This week I packed for a work trip, and I just kept shoving more crap in the bag that I'm positive I won't wear.  And yet, I did it anyway. I feel like I keep doing that figuratively; lugging around more crap than I need to "just in case". I really need to stop doing that.

3 comments:

Indigo said...

I see your point however I'm always reminded of a friend who once WAY over packed for a weekend wedding in Minneapolis. She said to me that she knows she won't wear it all, but she just feels better having the options with her. I'm an over packer. Loud and proud. And I bring 2 or 3 of my pillows with me too. Including the king sized ones.

As for the excess crap at home, I'm unloading that quickly.

Bev Sykes said...

I'm trying to pare things down when I pack for a trip--made it with about half a suitcase on the recent Russia trip. Not always successful.

As for the excess crap at home, I'm trying to send it all to Indigo, since she's better at getting rid of stuff than I am.

*mingle*

Anonymous said...

Everyone has baggage. :)
*Mingle*