July 16, 2010

Party on

What a long, strange week it's been. From sun and fieldtrips to floods and toads (Beerman keeps relocating the toads who rode into our basement on the tidal wave).  People keep asking me how I'm doing, and I kind of hysterically giggle. Between the lawyers, mud, dumpsters, mold, chemo, laundry, toads, sunburns, and calling for basement cleaning, I don't know which to think about anymore.  Beerman was supposed to be interviewed on CNN yesterday, and instead was up to his butt in mud.  Crappy.

So right now I'm just glad it's the weekend.  Except we don't have air conditioning, because we're still drying out the furnace, so the house smells like a really earthy tent after a storm.  So I'm thinking going to a movie might be in order.  C-man really wants to see the Last Airbender (Stupid McDonalds and it's evil happy meal toys), but it's gotten horrible reviews.  The Sorcerer's Apprentice is getting a bit better reviews. Then again, he'll probably just want to see Despicable Me again. I don't know if I really care either way.  But it is Friday.  And Friday wouldn't be complete without me puking in the middle of a movie, right?  Because that's right ladies and gentlemen, it's drug-up Friday.  I know you're wondering where you can sign up.  After all, it's all the joys of binge drinking without the buzz.

Geez, I sure am the absolute life of the party right now, aren't I!  HA!

************************
And, of course... Happy Birthday, dear sis!  Wishing you a year of health, happiness, and more than your share of silliness to make it all worth doing.

1 comment:

Indigo said...

Yeah, I'm at the point of the hysterical giggle too. But something tells me that you totally got the raw end of the deal here and get to be The Official Queen of Hysterical Giggles, if I had a tiara I'd send it to you. Did your neighbors get flooded too?

p.s. my word verification is 'gasess' I thought it was funny.