July 4, 2010

I always knew I was special

On and off, I go on this geneology tracking nonsense. Like any puzzle, I find it so much fun, and amazing, and incredibly facinating.  I love putting the pieces together and finding out how I've gotten here.  And it's always funny to laugh at the Hildegards and Ebenezers and Prudences along the way.

In the past, I've focused on my dad's lineage.  But recently, I've started down the path on my mom's side, because I'm finding that a lot of my actual genes are from that crooked branch.

And lo and behold, guess who is my great grandfather to the 39th great?  (41 generations back) Okay, you won't guess, so I'll tell you. I can mock no longer...

Charlemagne.

So now my question is, how in the hell did we go from running the entire civilized world by sword and by cross... to me? Who was the family screw up?  And who do I see about getting my princess title?

3 comments:

Indigo said...

Clearly there must be a place online where you can print up your princess certification. Have you picked out a tiara yet?

Anonymous said...

WOW!!

*MINGLE*

jon said...

wow! This is almost more than I can take, Bev defected to the Soviets and now we have a real princess in our midst. What next?