July 12, 2010

Hang on, here comes another week

Today starts another round of 3 baseball games in 3 consecutive days.  I'm really going to have to reevaluate how many leagues we let this kid join next summer, because this is getting oppressive.

The family bike rides have inspired me to start biking.  Well, at least it did for one day.  I got up this morning and biked.  I got 2 miles out and realized my front tire was going flat.  It was a bit of a struggle on the pump back, but least it's flat ground.

I've been in the process of giving up coffee.  I was liking it way too much, and my stomach's all torn up from all the crap I've been taking, so I figured it was time.  For the record, I don't like being coffee-less. Coffee is tasty.

My kid's been super emotional and clingy and appears to be completely deaf to any sense or reason.  At least he can verbalize that he feels "all mixed up inside".  Cue growth spurt.  Thank God it's shorts season so I don't have to worry about the length of his pants.

I burned my arm on the grease while making chicken piccata last week. Yesterday, that fragile layer of skin rubbed off, and it hurts like... well, I'll keep this a PG blog. Argh! So now I've got a lame bandaid on my arm. At least I was smart enough to buy the flesh colored bandaids a couple of weeks ago, so I wasn't walking around with a camo one tagged on my arm.

We got a message the other day that our dishwasher "might" be recalled.  Apparently there's some potential issue for causing fires.  It must not be an enormous issue, because they're not coming until tomorrow afternoon to fix it.  In the meantime, I've still been washing dishes as usual.  Well, I don't run it when we're out of the house now, but there's no way I'm hand washing everything. I wonder if they'll tune it up while they're there.  Yeah, I doubt it too.

I made another batch of ice cream yesterday because our other batch "disappeared". I used a different recipe that called for eggs.  It was WAY better with eggs.  I gave C-man a small bowl last night.  When I wasn't looking, Beerman gave him a bowl, not knowing I'd already done so.  Oh well.

1 comment:

Indigo said...

My firestarter Maytag hasn't burned the house down yet, it's being repaired on Wednesday --- the house is being cleaned on Tuesday and I just wasn't willing to give that up to repair the stupid dishwasher.

Your burn sounds awful!