July 26, 2010

Random thoughts

  • My house stinks. Bad. Kind of like a dirty tent. And we can't get ServiceMaster in to clean it until the drainage is resolved, because the next rain, it'll all just happen again.
  • At least it's not as stinky as the Tomahawk Super 8 room we were in that used to be a smoking room until Wisconsin went non-smoking on July 5th.  Steam cleaning the carpets does not a non-smoking room make.
  • I missed a day in my 365 project (Friday).  Damnit!  All this flooding has gotten me so discombobulated, it didn't occur to me until 3 a.m. when I bolted upright in bed thinking, "I didn't take a photo!"  Sigh.  So does that make it a 364 project now?
  • Hopefully I made up for it with the 150 photos I took on Saturday.
  • We were at a family wedding on Saturday.  Only 1 cousin was absent, which was pretty amazing. I always love happy family events.
  • I don't have a washer or dryer. Which really stinks. In more ways than one. But like the ServiceMaster issue, I am not spending $2000 on a washer/dryer set to have it flooded out next week.
  • Our butterfly garden has been filled to the brim with butterflies. It took 3 years, but I'm so happy it's working.
  • It's also filled with bees.  So many, the garden just vibrates. Which I find fascinating, but Beerman needs to steer clear of with his allergic reaction to them.
  • I've been mostly off the coffee sauce for a couple of weeks now.  This morning, however, was a serious coffee morning.
  • I've become a bit addicted to Nip/Tuck.  Which is dumb, because the show really isn't that great.  And yet, I continue to watch an episode a night.
  • It's seriously confirmed how disgusting plastic surgery is for me.
  • I'm seriously stuck on some genealogy stuff on my dad's side. Which is dumb, because I know my mom has "the book". I really need to get my hands on that book.
  • Tonight's the last night of the baseball season. I can't say I'm depressed about that.

1 comment:

Indigo said...

I'm so sorry about the flood damage, and the smelly house, does your furnace at least work yet?

About Nip/Tuck. I gave the first few episodes a try a couple years ago, but I just didn't get it. I have friends who LOVE that show and highly recommend it. When you are done with it, you should move on to Weeds, Boston Legal, and The Closer.