August 18, 2011

Last weeks of summer

I've made it past Hump Day of this week. That seems like something to really celebrate right now. I don't know if it's still jetlag, or the weird low-front weather, or the full moon, or just me being me, but I haven't been sleeping. At.all. I see the bad Genie Bra commercials at 2 a.m., hear the nasty neighborhood cats prowling about at 3 a.m., and hear the birds who survived the cats start chirping around 4:30 a.m. No remedy has worked, and since Beerman's been in Ohio this week (he's finally coming home today), I haven't wanted to knock myself out with anything stronger in case C-man wakes up in the middle of the night. Whatever it is, I'm hoping it passes soon because it's sort of killing me.

Other than that, things are really back to normal in our end-of-summer lives. The school supplies are bought, the new uniforms are ordered, and C-man is talking excitedly about his giant math book that he gets this year. (I might have to think more seriously about looking into who his mother actually is...) The bikes are being ridden, the late night front yard soccer games are being played, the garden tomatoes being eaten, and the Brewers are being closely followed. (If you want a laugh, check out the comments on the Cardinals' Facebook fanpage. Hil-arious!) So all in all, pretty good stuff. I just wish I were a little more awake to enjoy it more!

1 comment:

Snowcatcher said...

Ooooooooh! Is that one of the sites you got to see in Japan?!? Heavenly!!!

I hope it's mostly jetlat, because that will pass. But it must be difficult, too, with Beerman being gone. Glad he'll be back home soon!