August 29, 2011

Mish Mash


  • I went to see The Help this weekend. I liked the movie almost as much as the book.
  • I think I lost my phone at the theater. I haven't had it since. Maybe I should call to check on that. I'm kind of happy being without it, though.
  • While in Hiroshima, we learned of the story of Sadako and her cranes. They are now using the thousands of cranes they get each year to light the lanterns on August 6th. I have been learning how to make them, because I want to send a bunch to be put in the lanterns.
  • I'm back working out and eating better again. My body really notices. It's making the arthritis way worse (I can barely move my hands today), but that's kind of how it works. It gets worse before it gets better. But I'm trying to avoid the nastiest of the medicines during this 2 month reprieve I've been given, and this is the only way I know how.
  • Two batches of fruit leather are made, the bus sign is hung by the driveway, and uniforms that fit were separated from the ones that don't. Yes, school definitely starts tomorrow.
  • We had two different times of C-man choosing to/not to butt in with a situation to help a friend this weekend. The first time, I told him he shouldn't have. (Mostly, because he was butting in where he didn't belong after a fight had happened.) The second time, was a case of one kid bullying another kid and him not stepping in because we'd talked earlier in the day about him not always butting in. They were different situations (The first one was him getting in the middle of an argument, the second bullying), but to his 6 year old eyes it's either "I do stand up for my friends or I don't." It's very hard to describe when to do the right thing and make sense. I'm afraid I really screwed up in explaining, because he clearly got the wrong message from me, and is now just confused.
  • With help from the ladies at the yarn store, I'm back knitting my sweater. A trip to and from Japan and a little more, and I almost have a sleeve/front done. This is going to take a while...

No comments: