August 23, 2011

Randomly speaking

  • I saw my rheumatologist today. I swear they employ vampires there, with the inordinate amount of blood they draw out of me each visit.
  • I'm sticking with the same drugs for 2 more months. Something that makes me happy; my doctor not so much. He wants me on something else. In 2 months, I said.
  • I've been making a conscious effort to stop saying "No" to C-man so much, and instead saying, "Yes". Not that I've become a total pushover on everything. But I was getting into the habit of saying no just out of habit, and that was just dumb. This way is a lot less stressful. It also means there may be another fun day in our future before school starts.
  • School actually starts next week. I can hardly believe it! With losing June to such crap weather, living at the baseball diamond for so many weekends, and being gone 2 weeks in Japan, this summer went by crazy fast.
  • So crazy fast, we skipped the Arthritis Run to Irish Fest this year. The first time in the last 5 years. It was just too much to put into our schedules. Plus, C-man had another birthday party to go to, and that seemed more important.
  • I'm really, really loving this end of the years Brewers run. What fun it is. Not to mention, it delays the Packers talk a bit.
  • We have tickets for the Cardinals series. Not like the Cardinals can catch the Brewers, but it should be a decent series, nonetheless.
  • C-man's friends are all signing up for flag football this year. He had no interest in joining them. So while on a bike ride, I asked him about it a bit more, because I was really surprised he didn't want to do it. He was afraid that because he didn't know the rules, he would look dumb. Now that he knows no one knows the rules, he's all in. I can't believe I just talked my kid into playing football!
  • It's going to storm a lot today. It doesn't make me feel good, but I still like to watch the rain anyway.

1 comment:

jon said...

Either I am getting Parkinson's disease or I just felt an earthquake.