August 25, 2011

Thursday Thirteen things I've learned recently

  1. Mark all important dates, like weddings you're attending for example, on the calendar. Lest you forget until the Wednesday prior and have to scramble for a babysitter.
  2. Reliable friends are invaluable.
  3. Buying a present for the weekend's birthday party is a lot less stressful when you actually do it before the day of the party.
  4. When considering dropping the cleaning crew down to every other week, laugh at yourself and continue doing what you were doing. Walking in the house on Wednesdays is too divine to give up when you don't have to.
  5. Paying $60 for a bike tune up does not mean the brakes will actually work post-tune up.
  6. My eye wrinkles really start to show after I forget to put moisturizer on for a week or so.
  7. Just because I'm less than a month off from my last vacation doesn't mean I'm not pining for my next one. (How do I get that travel photography job?) Maybe I should finish paying the bills from this one first...
  8. It is possible to fall in love a little bit more with your child each day.
  9. It's good to listen to others who complain about their husband's awful behavior a little. It makes you appreciate yours that much more.
  10. New mattresses are God-sends.
  11. I miss the Japanese toilets. Not the squatty potties, but the toilets with the ocean sounds and the bazillion buttons to push. It made it all a little more entertaining.
  12. It's never too early to start making your Christmas list.
  13. Deciding what to be for Halloween is a very important decision that should be considered for hours with many different catalogs and discussions.

1 comment:

Kwizgiver said...

Very good list of thirteen. Particularly #12.