August 26, 2011

TGIF

The hummingbird moth is back again this year
  • I can't even explain how happy I am to have this week done.
  • We have to go to a wedding tomorrow (someone on Beerman's team). I know I sent a gift, but have no idea what it was. Wedding gifts don't feel personal to me anymore - they're just a check box online. You put in your credit card, and voila, you may or may not get recognition that you even sent it. How did we get to that?
  • I should probably figure out what I'm going to wear to this thing.
  • C-man is going to a friend's house for his first-ever sleepover while we're at the wedding. He's so excited, he wants to start packing today.
  • I'm curious to see if he takes any stuffed animals, or if he leaves them behind. There's a real consciousness about being a first grader now.
  • Sunday, C-man has a friend's birthday party to attend. I don't think this one will involve any snakes around his neck like last week's party.
  • The child's social life is extraordinary.
  • I've started back with my personal trainer again. I need some accountability to keep moving. There's something so very sad about that.
  • I have started knitting a new sweater. It's a French pattern, so everything is measured in centimeters. I am only on the first sleeve and had to stop in at the yarn store to get help on what one stage actually meant. It took 3 yarn ladies reading the pattern before we could collectively figure it out. I felt a little better that I wasn't just being dumb - the pattern is pretty poorly written. I hope I can make it through, because it wasn't cheap yarn.
  • Beerman said that I'm finally knitting in the right season - starting in summer, so I'll be done in winter. Smart ass.
  • School starts on Tuesday. I can't even believe it's here already. I guess we need to put out our bus stop sign this weekend.
  • I sure hope Irene isn't as nasty as they're saying she's going to be. It looks like our weather is supposed to be fantastic this weekend.

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

Good luck with your knitting. Be sure to show pictures. There were three of us at coffee this morning, trying to figure out some knitting instructions - from a US knitting magazine. We think we got it done, but we shall see. Fortunately, it's not ME working on it.