November 28, 2011

Adventaliscious

The Christmas decorations are up. We went to see Junie B. in Jingle Bells Batman Smells at First Stage yesterday. I'm heading to the Moscow Ballet's version of the Nutcracker on Thursday with my semi-adopted daughters. The extended family is coming on Saturday for the Christmas festivities for which the fridge can barely close, it's so full of food. The Advent wreath is out. The countdown to the Advent calendar is made and being consumed daily. The Christmas cards are written, addressed, stamped and embossed. And I've turned all the calendars to their very last page. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas doesn't even begin to explain it. And it's not even December! How the heck has this happened?!?

I've always resisted the push for the holidays to move up. Heavily resisted the overall consumerism of it all. I don't do Black Friday. I don't do Cyber Monday. I don't typically even shop until December 1st. But I'm not feeling like that this year. Since everything we've been doing has been with family and friends, or getting ready to spend time with family and friends, (Well, except for the lengthy conversations with C-man about whether he wants the Ninjago Fire Temple or the Lightning Dragon since he knows he can't get both because they are ridiculously expensive) it doesn't feel very overwhelming. Then again, maybe it's because Beerman is taking on Saturday's dinner.

Regardless, I'm kind of liking this slide into December. Let's just hope I can keep this calm for the next month!

2 comments:

jon said...

Wow! What a great picture. My hat off to the photographer!!!

What happen to your shoulder? Is it a rotator cuff problem?

I had a shot of cortisone. It helped a lot.

Snowcatcher said...

I got a brief glimpse of this shot on my phone the other day, but couldn't spend time then. I'm glad I remembered to come back. That is a GREAT shot of you! Also very cool to find out I'm not the only one who doesn't do Black Friday and Cyber Monday!