November 8, 2011

Easy street

It's hard to believe the monster craziness we'd been building up to is over, but it is. Football is done. The rummage is mostly over. (I'm still tracking down peoples' IOUs.) Fall Fest came and went. Now we just have stuff to do that we like, mostly. And that feels good. Something you might even say I'm thankful for.



Report cards come home this Thursday. C-man is actually getting some real grades this year based on his in-class work, homework and weekly tests. Parent-teacher conferences aren't until Thanksgiving week, though, which I think is a big split between the two. It'll be interesting to see what these teachers think of him.


This weekend we're heading to Chicago to tool around while Beerman judges at some beer thing. C-man wants desperately to go to Navy Pier. I'm not sure why he's so stuck on that, but that's fine with me. The kid's museum is there, so that should be entertaining. Plus, there's always hotel room service and a pool after the train ride. Then we have First Stage play tickets on Sunday. I moved our original tickets to this weekend because it was the only one we could make. It would be simpler to not go this weekend, but it's the last weekend of Don't Tell Me I Can't Fly, so it's Sunday or never.

Overall, it's looking like this week is going to be pretty fun.

No comments: