November 7, 2011

Thankfulness

It's November. The month that all that turkey and thankfulness gets the spotlight. (Well, the Packers and deer killing too, but those are different stories.) There are so many around me who seem to be hurting in different ways, that I've felt even more incredibly lucky just to be me. So the rest of this month, I am going to focus on what I am thankful for in my life.

Today, I'm thankful for my little family. Even on my worst days, my husband and child ground me to who I am. Or at least to who I should be as my best me. Growing up, I'd had visions of gaggles of kids that never came. And for a while, that was tough to take. But now that I have who I have, I don't know how it could be any different. Or more importantly, any better.

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

Another gorgeous photograph! (of course, you DO have a good subject)