November 6, 2011

What a weekend!

The weekend started at 5 a.m. Saturday morning. We got up and got to the school rummage sale that I've helped chair. Beerman makes the volunteer food, so we get there early to set that up and get things ready for the volunteers to arrive. The picture below, incidentally, is only 1/4 of the actual sale. It was a crazy day, but after being worried about donations being down all week, we still ended up grossing over $16,000 for the school, which made it all incredibly gratifying. It doesn't mean I'll be back for a third year, but I'm happy to have done so well again. (C-man was at football with Grandma and Grandpa, and then playing with them and friends)
On Sunday morning, we walked around the Milwaukee County Zoo for the Jingle Bell Walk benefiting the Arthritis Foundation. It was a little cloudy, but at 51 degrees, still a pretty enjoyable day to do it. The weather also meant WAY more people showed up than anticipated, which is great.
After that, we said goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa. I went home to take Harry for a dog park walk and then rest while Beerman took C-man to Adventure Rock on his Cub Scout outing. This was the picture that was just sent to me. Heaven forbid the child not go to the very top of everything.
And now, I wait for the family to get home so we can head to a friend's house for the Packers game. I think one beer will knock me on my butt, so I'd better stick to water.

Whew. I may need a weekend from my weekend!

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

So glad your rummage sale is over. Remember that you've sworn to say "no" the next time. You can be the expert emeritus for the next one.