November 29, 2011

Weathered

I'm feeling a bit haggard today. And not the Merle kind. So I could talk about how Harry's been sick. (I'll spare you the poo all over the dining room carpet and the accompanying stench story. It seems his fever is gone, at least.) I could talk about the fact that I don't know whether it's the acupuncture or the Humira, but I've been feeling peppier in spite of the shoulder that still hurts so much (2 full months now) I can barely dress myself and the back that doesn't let me sit longer than an hour at a time without tear-inducing pain. But all that is kind of lame.

What's not lame? Thursday night, I'm heading to the Moscow Ballet's version of the Nutcracker, and I.Can.Not.Wait. My child goes to plays with me and enjoys it. He will not go to a ballet. And since it's not something I like to do on my own, I've been ballet-less for quite some time. (It's not Beerman's thing either.) And to say I love the ballet doesn't even begin to describe it. The Nutcracker isn't my favorite, but I've been so ballet-deprived, that I think there wouldn't even need to be music and I'd be happy about it. But there is music. And there will be little girls to go with . And a dinner with little girl talk ahead of time. I really hope there's a gift shop so we can buy pink tutu-laden stuff.

Can.Not.Wait.

No comments: