November 1, 2011

The things that make me smile

I feel like a truck has run me over. This rummage sale is draining me mentally. And physically, both Beerman and I hurt, too - he from moving ridiculous amounts of heavy furniture, me from just moving stuff. Then I fell down the basement stairs Sunday, resulting in a bloody big toe and turf toe (I had it once in high school and totally know that's what this is again) and a giant fist-sized bruise on my thigh. Not to mention my shoulder still hurts like a summ-itch, going on 4 weeks now. Yesterday, that was officially diagnosed as an acromioclavicular (AC) inflammation that I just have to wait out. (Mostly because they're not getting near me with those steroid shots) Hopefully acupuncture can speed it up. And, I can't stop sneezing. I'm blaming it on allergies, but it really feels more like a cold.

So in light of that, here are some things that make me smile lately:
  • Taking our family photo and realizing that Harry was the best behaved out of all of us.
  • Getting 114 for the word "Jink" in Scrabble.
  • Watching the school rummage sale taking shape each day and knowing I'm one day closer to the end of this commitment.
  • Seeing giant white tail bucks hanging out in our front yard.
  • Listening to C-man plow through a book that he has to read to us at night.
  • Going trick or treating and running into loads of people we know.
  • The Jingle Bell Run/Walk is this coming Sunday. (You still have time to come or donate!) So far, it's looking like 52 and sunny, so it should be a decent walk around the zoo.

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

Horrors for the fall! I do hope you're feeling better soon - surely after the rummage sale.

And WOW! on the 114 pts at Scrabble.