November 11, 2011

At week's end

Why did the turkey cross the road?

  • I thought I wasn't going to wine club because we were going to Chicago tonight, but that changed when Beerman's judging schedule changed. So now I can go to wine club. Whoot.
  • Tonight is South African wine theme. Which is good, because when I was actually on the wine route in South Africa, I was 7 months pregnant and not drinking alcohol. (Although I did get quite a few looks as I waddled my way into all those tasting rooms with others!)
  • We're going to be hang out in Chicago tomorrow, which should be a nice change of pace. Somehow those blue eyes convinced a couple sets of grandparents that he needed some extra cash to get his Earth Dragon Defense. After all, what would we do without another Lego set in the house?
  • It is so cute how excited he is about going to the Lego store, though. My plans were to go to the Children's Museum first and then the Lego store, but the more I think about it, I think our day will be much calmer if we just get the Lego store thing over with first.
  • C-man's report card came home yesterday. It was all really positive, but more to the middle of positive than the high end that we've gotten used to seeing in some areas. He had a pretty rough first month of school. So we'll see at parent-teacher conferences if they are just tough first quarter graders, or if he struggled that much in the beginning.
  • Then again, maybe I'm being hypercritical. He got top marks in Spanish, Religion, Math, Science and Social Studies. Reading was more toward the average, and there were quite a few comments about him needing to be neater and take more time with things. Both not surprising insights.
  • His school pictures also came home. After all the photos I have taken of him, one would think he would know enough to straighten his glasses and not do the creepy smile. And yet, one would be wrong in those assumptions.
  • My left foot is still killing me from when I fell down the basement stairs 2 weeks ago. I hope walking this weekend doesn't totally destroy it. I may just have to bite the bullet and wear tennis shoes around Chicago.
  • As a result of this painful foot, I can only wear flat shoes, or bear the wrath of the pain in the middle of the night. From wearing them so much, I just realized that shoes have gotten pretty stinky, so I just ordered a new pair to replace them. I love Zappos and next day free shipping.
  • Our Christmas cards are ordered and on their way. It wasn't the photo we really wanted, but when I said we'd have to retake them to get what we had said we wanted to do, Beerman quickly agreed it was good enough.
  • I really need to cut back my coffee consumption. A latte is the first thing I think of when I wake up lately.
  • I found a new recipe for cranberries I want to try. Since, after all, cranberries is my assigned dish on Thanksgiving each year. I'm not sure how that happened, but it sure does make it easy!
  • Nickelback is playing the half-time show at the Packers vs Lions Thanksgiving game. Seriously? As if Nickelback isn't bad enough on their own, but their Thanksgiving was like a month ago.
  • Happy 11s to you today!

No comments: