November 18, 2011

More random crap


  • Beerman referred to Tim Tebow as "Touchdown Jesus" this morning. I'm not on board with that nickname, because there will always be only one Touchdown Jesus. And it ain't got anything to do with Tebow.
  • C-man has a birthday party to attend tomorrow and I only realized this fact late last night. This one is a tennis birthday, which should be right up his alley after all the tennis lessons he had this summer at summer camp.
  • When I asked what present I should get this kid, C-man's reply was, "I don't really know. He's kind of crazy and only talks about kung-fu."
  • Art supplies it is.
  • It was cold this morning. Wintry cold, but not yet winter coat cold. So it's that in-between time. And so, I reached for Uncle Allen's older than dirt, green coat from Cabelas.
  • Friends on Facebook suggested it was the sentimentality that kept me wearing it. I didn't have the heart to tell them that Uncle Allen was not my great uncle, but Beerman's. And that Uncle Allen died before I ever met Beerman.
  • While I'm sure he was a lovely man, wearing the green coat is purely out of cheapness, not sentimentality.
  • Harry jumps in the air like crazy when I put it on, because he thinks of it as the dog park coat.
  • I went online first thing this morning and ordered a new puffy coat. It was time, after all.
  • We have a bunch of money sitting in our child care FSA plan that I haven't requested for reimbursement. Hello, Christmas. Or property taxes, depending on how you look at it. Thinking of Christmas is definitely more fun though.
  • I've been requesting information on PhD programs in the area. I think I need to go back to school for my mental health. Surprisingly, there just aren't that many reputable PhD programs in education out there that aren't either K-12 education based or require a full-time school commitment. And neither of those options interests me, which is making it difficult.
  • Maybe I should just pick a new career out of a hat. Become the world's worst engineer or something.
  • And of course, yea Friday!

No comments: