November 3, 2011

Thursday Thirteen Things

  1. Only two more days until this rummage sale is held. And then it's blissfully OVER.
  2. After 2.5 total hours of being on the phone with CVS Caremark to set up my new prescription with their specialty mail order pharmacy (The insurance company won't let me get my arthritis medicine any other way), and getting the rebate card that Humira gives me aligned with my account, I got my first shipment yesterday. I couldn't inject that stuff fast enough.
  3. For 6 months, I was on Remicade to a tune of $5000 per visit every 6 weeks. Humira is $5 every 2 weeks, or $15 every 6 weeks. The cost difference makes me physically ill. Especially when you realize that the obscenely expensive stuff didn't even work.
  4. I'm hot and heavy into the acupuncture thing again. I'm at a new place, since the woman I went last time was crazy, and the woman I went to the time before that has since moved out of town. So far, I feel like these guys know what they're doing. When I tell them something hurts, they press on a specific point in my body that sends me shooting in the air in pain in the spot they're touching, but the original spot that hurt doesn't while they hold it. I find it all so fascinating. Hopefully it doesn't take forever to see some changes.
  5. The Wisconsin Republicans are introducing an abstinence-only bill today and are calling it the promotion of marriage bill. (Unless you're gay, of course.) It totally makes sense to me to tell a 15 year old boy, "Don't have sex, get married first!" Because after all, every 15 year old boy would prefer to think about the socioeconomic benefits of a long-term marriage over getting laid.
  6. Now that Halloween is over, things are turning to Christmas. Commercials, people talking about holidays, red and green showing up.. Ick. I like Christmas, but in December, not the beginning of November.
  7. With all the wind and rain, the colored leaves are almost all gone. I'm not ready for winter. Not that it matters, because it's coming anyway.
  8. Every time I use the iPad to type something, autocorrect turns into i's. And there is no fix for it on the iPad. The restrictions on Apple products are really oppressive.
  9. However, Rope'n'Fly is my latest iPad game addiction.
  10. I finished streaming the show Breaking Bad on Netflix. There's a season 4 that isn't available on it. I may just break down and buy it, because I can't stand not knowing what happens to these people. Especially now that they are filming a season 5!
  11. C-man has 2 teachers who team teach. One of them is moving because her husband's job is relocating. We are now being asked to donate money for a gift for her. For what? 8 weeks of school? It's probably callous, but you'll excuse me if I'm not torn up by someone who has only been around for half of the first 8 weeks of school.
  12. Maybe I'm just bitter because I keep getting asked to donate money for people's birthdays, kids, weddings, cheer them up because they're sad they're pregnant (that one about sent me through the roof!).
  13. We're heading to Chicago next weekend to have some fun while Beerman has a beer thing he has to do. C-man is saving his allowance money and working at the rummage sale with us to earn more money so he can visit the Lego store. Right now he's about $10 short of getting the Earth Dragon Defense that he HAS to have. I think I'll make him work a bit at the rummage tonight to get him closer.

1 comment:

Mary Z said...

That's OUTRAGEOUS about the Remicade. And people wonder why our health care system costs so much! I do hope you get some good relief from the Humira.

And boo to the Wisconsin Republicans! (and the Mississippi legislature as well)