January 26, 2013

Happy Birthday, Harry!

Today, my puppy turns 11. In true spoiled fashion, we went to the dog park this morning, and then stopped at the dog wash on the way home - not to get a wash, because he got a full groom yesterday, but to buy a sufficient stock of chewies for the rest of the day. He's spent his day in true puppy heaven, happily chewing away since.

C-man has his infamous pinewood derby race tonight. Beerman took the car early to test it as he helped the other leaders set up the track, so I don't have a photo of it yet. But it's the Green Machine, and the weights are buried inside it so as to not make last year's mistake of having them drag on the track.

The fish tank is completely filled with fresh water. I'm not totally sure what's happening, but there's been a lot of plumbing time (when there hasn't been car building time) downstairs. I think they are connected.

I went to see Silver Linings Playbook with some friends last night. It was a great night. We had some wine, giggled a lot, and then watched 90 minutes of Bradley Cooper.

I really need to get out of this style of blogging about randomness and find my voice again. I just haven't felt like it lately - it feels like I'm being split in too many directions lately. This blog is really reflective of that. Just one more thing to put on the to-do list - find voice.

No comments: