January 28, 2013

Sneaky little pain


I've been feeling very complainy lately, and I really don't like it. The Simponi the rheumatologist put me on this month might as well have been Kool-Aid for all the good it's done me. And as the tendrils of pain increase throughout in my body, creeping into awkward places like my left foot, so fades my lack of focus from the external world. It feels like the buzzing of that sneaky pain is so loud, I can't hear anything else. I hate that. Because beyond it just sucking, I'm to the point that I'm now irritated that I'm irritated with everything. I'm not by nature a very patient person, but I've been way less so lately. Not letting that show at work has been really hard. And not letting it affect me at home has been unfortunately impossible.

And so I need to think of my options. I think I need to try meditation again. Maybe see if I can get into a regular enough habit that it will help the pain management like the studies say it does. I need to switch to tea from so much coffee. And, of course, there is exercise. Hard exercise always helps it. I've always known this, it's just so, well, hard. (At least I have an hour run scheduled in front of the Being Human screen tonight, so that's positive.)

I've got to find a way through this.

No comments: