January 18, 2013

I've waited all week for this

It's Friday. The day I've been waiting all week to come. I'm exhausted. Work has been over the top. And I'm pretty certain this medicine doesn't do a thing for me. So enough with the crap. It's almost the weekend. Well, after my meetings until 5. (Seriously, who schedules meetings until 5 on a Friday?) So here's the good.
  • I have a facial scheduled tomorrow. That is amazing.
  • Beerman is putting water in the fish tank this weekend. So we'll either see him drunk with happiness or lying on the floor in the fetal position crying (if it leaks). Either way, it'll be a good show.
  • C-man has found a true love for reading. Or it's just a love for competition because he gets to "book talk" his latest book each Friday and whoever does the most gets a prize. Either way, I am so happy about it, I don't even care that he still had his lamp on at 9:30 last night.
  • Last minute flights to Cancun are under $500. Not that I'm going, but thinking about the sun is really, really nice at least. I'm hoping to get some time in the pool this weekend. It's not sunny, but at least it'll make me think I'm somewhere nice. Until the old man with the hairy back swims past me, but whatever.
  • Have I mentioned it's Friday? Oh boy, that is awesome.

3 comments:

l'empress said...

I'm always happy to see a kid reading. I'll take it any way I can get it.

The Gentleman's kid (whom I've mentioned, I think) asked me this week if he could borrow my Harry Potter books, which sit in a row on my top bookshelf. He's learning why I prefer books to films.

Mary Z said...

I'm with Harriet - as long as the kid reads, it's a good thing!

We've finally got some sunshine here - for the first time in over a week (plus 6.5" of rain). It does wonders for one's outlook.

Kim said...

Can I join the TGIF excitement? I don't have to wake up at 3:15am this weekend, I GET TO SLEEP IN!!!!! I hope the fish tank goes well, enjoy the facial!