August 10, 2006

Codeine and Her Red Shoes

C-man hasn't been sleeping well between his incisors grinding through and this cold that keeps him up coughing. Since I've got this stupid cold too, I've had a hard time sleeping. I finally broke down and got up mid coughing fit to take some Tussinex (the codeine cough syrup). I chugged a bit, smiled at myself, and as I slid back into bed stared in horror at the clock that read 4:16 a.m. I took codeine just 2 hours before I had to get up! Arrrgh! To make myself feel better, I put my red shoes on. Now I can't get the song out of my head:
Oh she move like the diva do
I said I'd love to dance like you.
She said just take off my red shoes
Put them on and your dreamll come true
With no words, with no song
You can dance the dream with your body on
And this curve, is your smile
And this cross, is your heart
And this line, is your path

No comments: